The snows have melted and life returns to Jericho.
Much has changed since autumn’s winds blew through this town. The Kingdom of Berphaunt has annexed Jericho under the promise of repairing the magical leyline that runs through the town’s heart. A cleric of a dark goddess now heads the noble court. Secret and public oaths have been taken, new alliances sworn. Necromancy, wytchcraft and vampirism are now legal. Open conflict between the followers of the gods and dragons is encouraged. It appears that darkness has come to Jericho as a friend this time, and for many it was warmly embraced.
But no matter your outlook on these developments, there are undeniable benefits. Berphaunt is a powerful nation. Merchant guilds arrive with the spring, their wagons laden with goods. The Conclave of magi has brought its expertise to Jericho’s mage’s guild. A professional army of thousands now ring Jericho and its sister town Mea Visa, tasked to put down outside threats and keep the peasantry safe. Life has never been more civilized for some Jericho citizens. To some it may be a deal with the devil, but security, prosperity and stability now reside here.
To others within Jericho, matters of politics and law aren’t the priority. They wonder, what of the strange forest spirit they rescued at the behest of the grey elves? Who are the fauns they found with her? With the threat to the south now gone, what of the forests? Anna the Oracle holds no writ of protection, will their blades be turned against her? Will the demon Bassarion come to collect on his debts? Jericho has inherited all of Berphaunt’s power and influence, but they have also inherited its enemies. These problems and many more will need to be resolved, no doubt.
And above all of this, a full moon shines down upon Jericho.
Welcome to our first weekend event of 2015!
It’s been many long months of waiting but the time has finally come to start our summer season. As much as we enjoy our tavern nights it’s the weekend events when Underworld Jericho really shines. We’ve missed our stars, forests and camp fires!
We will be holding opening announcements at 10pm on Friday at town center near the campfire, please join us to meet our new shaper team and for site announcements.
Our shaper team ran a poll in the off season asking our player base about things they’d like to see changed or added in the 2015 season. Most of the questions involved how we can make the storytelling experience better for our players. Based on the results of that questionnaire, we’ll be initiating some of those changes this event. Some examples are:
– Sundays at events will be more “low key” than previous seasons. We will still be running adventures but the larger plotlines will be shifted to the Saturday. You can expect Sundays to be more similar to Fridays in scope with less big battles and more rp and adventures for smaller groups.
– The event will end at 2pm and from 2pm to 3pm some of the shapers will be outside of NPC camp to talk to players face to face. If you have comments, concerns or simply want to thank a shaper for something they ran, drop by the entrance of NPC camp and let us know. Depending on turnout we may have to limit your time to 5-10 minutes of feedback.
– A “Shaper Office” will be set up just inside the entrance to NPC camp inside a large tent. The purpose will be to allow players visiting NPC to speak directly to a shaper without having to interrupt the NPCs who are preparing for roles. We’ll try to have a shaper in that tent at all times, day and night, to answer questions, write tags or help in any way they can.
– We’ll be holding noble court every event this season. The noble court will be at noon on Saturday.
– There will be a permanent merchant camp now! Ask around as your character to find out where it is, what’s for sale and how you can sell things too!
As this is a spring event, please dress warmly! Expect cool nights and the possibility of rain. Bring extra warm clothes just in case.
We’ll update this post with further information if it comes.
See you all in Jericho!
Date: May 29th to May 31st (Full Moon)
On Site Logistics Opens: Friday 6:00PM
Event Start: Friday 10:00PM
Event End: Sunday 2PM
$45 with Prelog & Prepay
$50 with Prelog & Pay at site
$55 with No Prelog & Pay at site
Experience earned: 1 CP Blanket
Location: Majik Morn Farm, 761 Fleetwood Rd, Janetville Ontario
Map can be found here http://tinyurl.com/43mlag6